Saturday 12 September 2015

My North London - Favourite Food

This is something a little bit different from me... I am going down the lifestyle route for this blog post. Having lived in North London for over 2 years now, I have made the area my home, exploring different places and dining out a number of restaurants, pubs and cafe's. There is something rather nice about trying a restaurant which has been recommended to you, or taking a stroll and discovering a pub that soon becomes a firm favourite. In this post, I thought I would show you some of my favourite foodie places in North London - Hampstead, Highgate, Crouch End, Islington
Hampstead
The Spaniards
Without a doubt this is my favourite place to eat in North london. Steeped in history, this 16th Century Inn has even featured in a Charles Dickens novel. Seasonal British food is served against a backdrop of old wooden interiors and a roaring fire. The Scotch Egg is to die for, and I also love the roast belly pork  and sausage and mash.
Gail's
One of the only places I will buy artisan bread from, Gail's has the most incredible selection. They also serve healthy lunches. If you try one thing, I would recommend  the chocolate and pecan brownie. Gail's can be found in a number of locations including: Crouch End, King's Road, Notting Hill, South Kensington and Chiswick.
Highgate
The Bull and Last
Located just a short walk from Gospel Oak overground station, this Gastropub serves mains including; steak, roast cod and confit rabbit leg. The desserts are very indulgent!
The Red Lion and Sun
This pub is located in Highgate village and is a pretty perfect place to enjoy a relaxing Sunday lunch.
Crouch End
Tootoomoo
Fast becoming a firm favourite amongst locals, Tootoomoo serves fresh Pan Asian food. The interior is brightly coloured and casual. Portion sizes are great, as are the prices. My favourite dish is the Stir Fry Ramen Chicken followed by the frozen yogurt. Tootoomoo can also be found in Highgate and Islington.
Zer Cafe
Serving a largely Turkish menu, Zer offers an evening special of 2 course for £9.90. Ideal for a spontaneous meal out.
Islington
The Pig & Butcher
This pub/restaurant serves the best quality produce and craft ales. This is the place to go for proper hearty food in Angel.

Have you been to any of these restaurants? or do you have any recommendations for me to try next?

Phillippa x

Twitter - @Phillippa22
Pinterest - phillippadesign
Instagram - phillippaDesign22

No comments:

Post a Comment