Monday 2 September 2019

Outfit of The Month - September

*Dream Outfit For Autumn Alert* - my favourite season is here and it means i'm back in my element when it comes to styling seasonal outfits! Sure summer is great, but unfortunately for us pale folk pushing 30degrees is just too hot to handle (literally). During the heatwave this July, in Europe, I quite honestly found myself dreaming of cooler days - and now here we are. At present, I am loving styling jeans. I used to reserve these only for weekends, when I could breathe a sign of relief that I could put aside the tights and high-waisted skirts for a couple of days and just dress a bit more casual. But more recently my jeans have become my go-to everyday staple - and it's goodbye skinny jeans and hello to a more relaxed fit. Oh and by the way, when I say casual I mean 'my take' on casual - I won't be stepping out in a jeans/Converse combo quite yet! For me this below outfit is perfect for both work and leisure (i'm lucky enough to work in fashion where there is no formal dress code in the office). Basic cami's are really on trend at the moment, with 90's supermodel throwbacks, but to be honest invest in a quality one and it'll see you right for years to come. Likewise a box-fit blazer, this one has a slight vintage feel to it, is another wardrobe classic.  For accessories, i've opted for a failsafe skinny scarf from Rockins. If you look to icons of music for style inspiration (Jimi Hendrix, Patti Smith, Bobby Gillespie, et al) then Rockins is the brand for you. I actually have 3 scarfs from this brand, because when you find a brand as good as this - you invest! Completing the look, are a pair of classic black boots and a tricolour Chloe 'C' bag.
My quest to look as effortlessly cool as Rosie Huntington-Whitely in a pair of jeans continues...
Phillippa x

Pinterest - phillippadesign
Twitter - @Phillippa22
Instagram - phillippa22

No comments:

Post a Comment