Wednesday 18 November 2015

Scarf Collection - Favourites

I have been collecting scarves for the past 8 years. What started as buying scarves from second hand shops to use as colour and print inspiration whilst at College and University, developed into a full on scarf obsession! I began taking note of labels and brands, picking up a number of vintage scarves from notable brands, even finding a couple of old Liberty ones. Silk scarves can be expensive, so finding a good quality second hand one with a beautiful hand rolled hem is a real bargain. The best part? - many of the scarves were purchased for as little as 50p, rarely spending more than £3 or £4.  Later I couldn't resist the urge to make a few more luxury purchases, treating myself here and there to the occasional designer scarf...no excuse necessary!
When it comes to personal style, I opt to wear mostly black and navy, which is why I love to add a splash of colour with a printed scarf. Worn in several ways, including being tied around a handbag, a printed scarf adds personality to your outfit without being overpowering or difficult to pull off.  With over 100 in my collection, here are a few of my personal favourites…including: Matthew Williamson, Emilio Pucci and Liberty.

Phillippa x

Twitter - @Phillippa22
Pinterest - phillippadesign
Instagram - PhillippaDesign22

No comments:

Post a Comment