Monday 1 July 2019

Outfit of The Month - July 2019

I'm not usually one for neutral colour palettes in summer, in large part due to the fact I have pale skin so the colours can look a tad 'washed out' on me, but this season i've seen a shift in my personal style. I'm becoming increasingly drawn to these more earthy/organic tones, and textures, and experimenting more with silhouettes. This look was built around a slip skirt from Reformation, with subtle leopard print. The slip skirt is a key style for the season and additionally a great way to tick the box of the 'animal print' trend too. Its silhouette means its skims the body beautifully, and in turn is ultra flattering and feminine. On a side note, this is also a great transitional piece for Autumn and would look great with knitwear and an ankle boot. For the top, I had one key style in mind - a square neck cotton-poplin blouse. These are everywhere at the moment, with brands including the aforementioned Reformation having sparked a trend in them. The particular one I used in this edit, is from Brock Collection - another brand who champion this silhouette season after season. Adding to the apparel pieces, I have paired with a loose fitting blazer with tortoiseshell buttons from Khaite. For footwear, I knew I wanted to opt for a mule but one with an extra  element of interest. I chose a pair from Cult Gaia, with an architectural-style spherical heel and resin detailing. Simply beautiful! In keeping with  the architectural theme of the footwear,  I have styled with a structured bucket bag from Staud. You'll notice the tortoiseshell handle complements the tort buttons on the jacket. Finishing off the accessories, I found a gold shell necklace from Aurelie Bidermann. Shells and pearls are a key jewellery trend this season, and are a great way to add a simple trend element to your summer wardrobe.
Phillippa x

Pinterest - phillippadesign
Instagram - phillippa22
Twitter - @Phillippa22

1 comment:

  1. That puffy-sleeved square necked Brock Collection blouse looks gorgeous, and would look wonderful styled with the skirt from Reformation and that snazzy white Khaite coat!!!

    https://full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/2018/10/last-minute-halloween-excuse-post-with.html

    ReplyDelete