Monday 29 July 2019

On Trend Now For SS19 - Bucket Hats

The bucket hat is well and truly back baby...well for this season at least. So much more than just a practical hat to protect you from the sun...it's a fashion statement darling! Now I don't know about you, but I was majorly rocking one of these bad boys back in the 90's - a baby pink one to be precise. So at first glance of this trend I wasn't convinced, reminding me too much of my 7 year old Spice Girl loving self. But the more I thought about it, I somewhat warmed to the idea (what is wrong with me?). Remember the glory days of Brit Pop, when Rkid (aka Liam Gallagher) was a Kangol bucket hats' no.1 fan? Well maybe that's a vibe I can get on board with. Fast forward two decades and the humble bucket hat is everywhere right now - from the catwalk to the high-street to the sidewalk. In part due to the 90's revival trend which is still present and in part due the macro athleisure / sport luxe trend. There's various takes on this trend: You can go old school (see Megan Ellaby and Rita Ora for street style inspo) in classic fabrications, holiday ready in print (Anna Sui and Etro), sophisticated chic (Sportmax and Sonia Rykiel) or make like Bella Hadid and opt for a monogrammed vinyl number - because who wouldn't want a sweaty vinyl forehead? (no but seriously I wouldn't go for the last option). So whatever vibe you are chasing this summer, you better be owning it with a bucket hat firmly on your head.

Phillippa x

Pinterest - phillippadesign
Instagram - phillippa22
Twitter - @Phillippa22

No comments:

Post a Comment