Monday 28 May 2018

How To Style...HVN Cherry Print Dress

Coming at you today with another styling edit, yay! I adore putting these edits together, they are quite possibly my favourite posts that I write for my blog. I love coming up with a styling concept, it could be based on a current trend or a single garment / accessory that I am loving atm, and then I build various looks around that very concept. I always like to show how you can style a trend/garment to suit different personal style, as well as daytime and eveningwear appropriate looks. For this edit I focused my attention on one single garment for New York based label HVN. Established by Harley Viera Newton, the label celebrates vintage inspired silhouettes many of which feature ditsy motifs. My favourite of which is the 'Cherry Print'. The dress at the centre of this edit is the silk 'Mini Morgan' dress, which is part of an exclusive capsule collection for Net-a-Porter. The great thing about this dress is its versatility. Priced at £505, this designer dress will be a wardrobe staple.
Outfit 1
When styling this outfit, I was picturing the perfect evening look for a summer vacation. Imagine being on holiday somewhere such as Greece or Italy, and you want to dress up for a beautiful dinner in the evening. Well this is the look for that occasion. A neutral-toned tailored blazer is the perfect jacket to throw on over this dress. If you're on vacay somewhere hot, you don't really want to be wearing dark coloured pieces, so this jacket is ideal. As I wanted to opt for a very chic and classic evening look, I have teamed the dress with a pair of white leather mules from Tibi. They are a great heel height for a holiday, ensuring comfort and practicality when you wear them. Mules are also a huge footwear trend for 2018. The bag comes courtesy of Cult Gaia and is one of the must-have 'it' bags of the season. It also makes for a great beach bag, so a great day-to-night transitional piece. Tying the look together is a pair of tassel earrings from Oscar de La Renta, adding an additional pop of red to the outfit.
Outfit 2
As I previously explained, HVN takes much inspiration from vintage pieces so that is the direction I wanted to take this outfit in. I was thinking along the lines of a preppy American high school look. When it comes to styling, one of the easiest ways to make a outfit casual and laid back is to add a denim jacket and a pair of trainers. I didn't want to go down the typical route of a blue denim jacket, instead opting for a pastel lilac option from Push Button. The colour works well against the red cherry print, and makes it a great summer piece. Trainers are a classic pair from Superga. The red tote is from one of the most talked about accessories brands of the past 12 month, Boyy. It's a classic style but the lipstick red shade makes it a real statement bag. Sunnies are from Adam Selman x Le Specs. If you saw my eyewear blog post a few weeks back then you will know that short frame cateye sunglasses are without a doubt the biggest eyewear trend of the season. The white adds another preppy element to the outfit.
Outfit 3
This third and final outfit was inspired by Kaia Gerber. The model of the moment has been sporting some similar outfits as of late, and her 'model off duty' look is definitely similar to what I would wear myself. Talking of the 'model off duty' look, many models including Bella Hadid and Hailey Baldwin have also been loving wearing Doc Martens lately so that also inspired this outfit. Whilst Docs are not for everyone, they add an element of punk to the look, and toughen up the otherwise very pretty and feminine dress. It's a subtle juxtaposition but I really love it. A leather jacket was a given based on the vibe I was going for. A Saint Laurent bag, with metal hardware adds to the punk element of the outfit. Sunglasses are a short frame rimless style from Missguided and add a touch of 90's nostalgia to the overall look. 

Which is your favourite of the 3 outfits?

Phillippa x

Pinterest - phillippadesign
Twitter - @Phillippa22
Instagram - phillippa22

No comments:

Post a Comment