The theme of this year's Met Gala, to coincide with the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute exhibition, was 'Rei Kawakubo/ Comme des Garcons. As ever, the stars hit the red carpet in an array of jaw-dropping and spectacular gowns. Here is a HUGE review of who wore what...
Haley Bennett - Dolce and Gabbana / Brie Larson - Chanel / Blake Lively - Versace
Kylie Jenner - Versace / Julianne Moore - Calvin Klein
Gisele Bundchen - Stella McCartney / Cara Delevingne - Chanel
Kendall Jenner - La Perla / Bella Hadid - Alexander Wang
Diane Kruger - Prada / Chrissy Teigen - Marchesa / Ruby Rose - Burberry
Sophie Turner - Louis Vuitton / Janelle Monae - Ralph and Russo
Ruth Negga - Valentino / Stella Maxwell - H&M / Lily James - Burberry
Selena Gomez - Coach / Adwoa Aboah - Conner Ives
Kim Kardashian - Vivienne Westwood / Behati Prinsloo - Topshop / Lily Aldridge - Ralph Lauren Kate Hudson - Stella McCartney / Gwyneth Paltrow - Calvin Klein
Miranda Kerr - Oscar de la Renta / Ashley Graham - H&M
Rita Ora - Marchesa / Katy Perry - Maison Margiela
Rose Byrne - Ralph Lauren / Emma Roberts - DVF / Thandie Newton - Monse
Natasha Poly - Michael Kors / Joan Smalls - Topshop
Lupita Nyong'o - Prada / Zoe Kravitz - Oscar de la Renta / Lily-Rose Depp - Chanel
Maggie Gyllenhaal - Marni / Emily Ratajkowski - Marc Jacobs
Lauren Santo Domingo / Dakota Johnson - Gucci / Kate Bosworth - Tory Burch
Solange Knowles - Thom Browne / Celine Dion - Versace
Candice Swanepoel - Topshop / Halle Berry - Versace
Naomi Watts - Stella McCartney / Hailee Steinfeld - Vera Wang / Riley Keough - Louis Vuitton
Amy Schumer - Zac Posen / Alexa Chung - DVF
Elizabeth Banks - Michael Kors / Dree Hemingway - DVF / Kerry Washington - Michael Kors
Jourdan Dunn - H&M / Daisy Ridley - Oscar de la Renta
Emmy Rossum - Carolina Herrera / Allison Williams - DVF
Elle Fanning - Miu Miu / Jessica Chastain - Prada / Felicity Jones - Erdem
Gigi Hadid - Tommy Hilfiger / Jennifer Lopez - Valentino
Claire Foy - Erdem / Madonna - Moschino
Zendaya Coleman - Dolce and Gabbana / Rihanna - Comme des Garcons
Reese Witherspoon - Mugler / Katie Holmes - Zac Posen / Sarah Paulson - Prada
Hailey Baldwin - Carolina Herrera / Lily Collins - Giambattista Valli
1. Rihanna wearing Comme des Garcons - Rihanna always fully commits to the theme of the Met Gala, never afraid to push boundaries. Whilst this dress may not be the most practical, it fully embraces the theme and for that Rihanna has to be applauded.
2. Blake Lively wearing Versace - Blake always has a good run on the red carpet, rarely putting a foot wrong. This stunning gown by Versace was breathtaking, with the bright blue feathers creating a jaw-dropping red carpet moment.
3. Cara Delevingne wearing Chanel - For me, the Met Gala is always about creating memorable red carpet moments. Whilst many guests opt to wear gowns, Cara went for an exquisite embellished suit from Chanel and therefore stood out from the crowd.
4. Lily Aldridge wearing Ralph Lauren. Ok, so the dress itself may be a pretty standard cut-out red carpet dress but the killer Balenciaga boots completely elevated this look. I love that she wasn't afraid to add a seriously dramatic pop of colour to create a daring look.
5. Lily Collins wearing Giambattista Valli - Like Rihanna, Lily fully committed to the theme. This ruffled tiered gown had layers of volume and the cinched in waist / bodice combination created impact. Dramatic hair and makeup completed the look.
Who was your best dressed?
All these looks, plus more, can be found on my 'Celebrity -Red Carpet' over on my Pinterest (details below).
Twitter - @Phillippa22
Instagram - phillippa22
Pinterest - phillippadesign