My first red carpet round up of 2016. The Golden Globes took place in Los Angeles last night, hosted by Ricky Gervais. Kicking off award season in style, the stars took to the red carpet wearing looks from several different catwalk collections. We saw: sequins, sheer fabric, lace and plunging necklines and for colour we saw: rich red tones and soft nude palettes as the 2 main themes. Here is my review of who wore what on the red carpet, followed by my Top 5 Best Dressed.
Natalie Dormer - J Mendel / Jennifer Lawrence - Dior
Zendaya - Marchesa Pre Fall 16 / Rachel McAdams - Lanvin
Jennifer Lopez - Giambattista Valli / Amy Adams - Atelier Versace
Leslie Mann - Monique Lhuillier / Amber Heard - Gucci
Bryce Dallas Howard - Jenny Packham / Julianne Moore - Tom Ford
Olivia Wilde - Michael Kors / Kate Bosworth - Dolce & Gabbana
Brie Larson - Calvin Klein / Kate Hudson - Michael Kors
Rosie Huntington Whiteley - Atelier Versace / Maggie Gyllenhaal - Marc Jacobs
Amanda Peet / Rooney Mara - Alexander McQueen
Zoe Kazan - MiuMiu / Cate Blanchett - Givenchy Couture
Jane Fonda - Yves Saint Laurent Couture/ Alicia Vikander - Louis Vuitton
Saoirse Ronan - Saint Laurent / Lily James - Marchesa
Heidi Klum - Marchesa / Jaimie Alexander - Genny
Kirsten Dunst - Valentino - Emilia Clarke - Valentino
My Top 5 Best Dressed
1. Zendaya wearing Marchesa - This 3 tiered gown in deep bordeaux looked stunning on the young actress. Whether going for edgy or sophisticated, Zendaya pulls off every look with perfection! i HAD actually been looking at this Pre Fall gown the other day wondering who would take to the red carpet wearing it…it has 'award season' written all over it.
2. Kate Bosworth wearing Dolce & Gabbana - I adore the statuesque nature of this floor length sequin gown, with a subtle shimmer of colour.
3. Rosie Huntington Whiteley wearing Versace - One Word: Flawless!
4. Kirsten Dunst wearing Valentino - A plunging neckline was softened by the beautiful flowing fabric.
5. Olivia Wilde wearing Michael Kors - More of the same bordeaux colour we saw Zendaya wearing, Olivia's gown was breathtaking and the dramatic makeup complimented the look.
Who was your best dressed at the 2016 Golden Globes?
For more red carpet pictures, follow my 'Red Carpet Fashion' board on Pinterest (details below)
Twitter - @Phillippa22
Pinterest - phillippadesign
Instagram - PhillippaDesign22