Thursday 2 April 2015

Hare Painting - A Work In Progress

Being the 'creative' one in the family, my parents always love receiving a homemade gift on special occasions. So opting to ditch the chocolate this Easter, I decided to put paint to paper and produced this painting of a Hare. For this I used my trusted Daley-Rowney  watercolour palette, my 20 piece Staedtler fineliner set, and Bockingford watercolour paper. Brushing a little water over the fineliner in the painting created a great expressive fur texture.  
I thought I would photograph this painting in stages to show how I created it and built up the colour.
This little project has inspired me to paint more often, I used to paint everyday when I was studying for my degree and I forgot how much I enjoyed it. I hope you like my painting!
Phillippa x

No comments:

Post a Comment