Wednesday 19 February 2014

London Fashion Week - A/W 14 - Highlights

Burberry
Peter Pilotto
Temperley London
Mary Katrantzou
Paul Smith
Antonio Berardi
Preen
David Koma
Roksanda Illincic
Erdem
Matthew Williamson
 
I live streamed the Burberry show on Monday and, as always, it was superb. Inspired by the Bloombury Group, the collection featured loosely hand-painted florals. I can recommend watching it online if you get the chance. You can already pre-order the runway collection on the Burberry website and the 'Colour Block Check Blanket Poncho', priced at £895, with personalised initials is sure to be a new season must have.
 
What did you think of the latest offering from Mary Katrantzou? A change in direction saw Katrantzou produce a collection free from digital print and bright colours. Some garments reminded me of similar silhouettes that we are used to seeing on the runway at Valentino. My favourite pieces from the collection were the chain mail dresses. I work next to Katrantzou's studio and had seen the chain mail in the week before the show and was intrigued to see how it would be used, I liked the result.
 
Milan Fashion Week is now under way, so I will be posting new runway collections soon.
 
Phillippa x

 


No comments:

Post a Comment