Sunday 9 February 2014

Katie Eary for River Island

One of the industries most talked about up and coming designers, Katie Eary, is collaborating with high street retailer River Island. I've been a fan of Eary's work for a while now and you may remember I posted about her designs on my blog last August. My background is in print design, so I was initially drawn to Eary's use of playful and inventive prints. It comes as no surprise that one of Eary's biggest celebrity fans is Rihanna, who has also collaborated with River Island. Eary cited that inspiration for the collection came from the film 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas', bringing in elements of wild animal prints with fiery accents. Swimsuits with plunging necklines are for the brave, whereas t-shirts from the collection will look suitably stylish teamed with skinny jeans and a leather jacket. This new collaboration is sure to make Eary one of the years most coveted London designers and bring her name and style to the masses. The collection will officially launch on February 18th, during London Fashion Week.
Katie Eary X River Island
 
Which are your favourite pieces from the collection?  Will you be purchasing any of these garments/accessories? For me, the clothes are a little too bold for my everyday style, however I love the red leopard print sandals and would definitely wear them styled with a simple black shirt dress from the likes of Equipment or T by Alexander Wang.
Phillippa x


No comments:

Post a Comment