Monday 3 December 2012

New York - Internship & Fashion Week Pictures

Living in New York has been incredible. After residing in Manhattan for 3 months, the city now feels like a second home. (The image above is the view from the rooftop of my apartment block).

The experience of interning with a famous fashion designer was fantastic and I left the internship with many new skills and a priceless insight into the fashion industry. As part of this internship, I assisted backstage at New York Fashion Week in September dressed head to toe the labels beautiful clothes (it was such a treat to see a fashion show from this perspective). I also attended Fashion Night Out at the labels flagship boutique on Madison Avenue and helped at the Fashion Coterie tradeshow at the Javits Centre. Events aside, I of course helped with design tasks.

I spent my free time visiting museums, galleries, relaxing on the High-Line, hanging out in the Meatpacking District, exploring Brooklyn and Queens, Coney Island, sitting in the audience for The Late Show with David Letterman, watching Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and walking through Central Park looking at the skyline and feeling so grateful for this opportunity. I want to thank all my American friends for making my time in New York so memorable, can't wait see them all again.

Be sure to stay tuned to my blog for future blog posts about all the wonderful art and design shops I discovered, street art, museum exhibitions I visited, etc. But for now here are a select few pictures of New York Fashion Week.
Phillippa x

No comments:

Post a Comment