Saturday 24 March 2012

'Global Collective' - First Fashion Print in the Collection

Here is an idea of part of the process that I go through in order to produce just one sample in my 'Global Collective' fashion print collection.

Koda Trace Production
Very time consuming but it begins to bring a design to life



Koda Trace Separations exposed onto Silk Screens



Colour and Pigment Sampling

This is one of the most important stages for any designer. A colour palette can make or break a collection. It has to set the right tone for the whole collection and helps to dictate season and market level. I have sampled my design on Silk Habotai for an evening wear look, and I have also sampled on Silk Organza to put the print more in the context of being worn as a luxurious kaftan. The pictures below show a selection of my samples for the 1st design in my collection. Note how this print would really frame the figure and neckline when worn.










Final Print
- I decided to produce my final print in 2 colour ways...
The 1st is Antique Gold and is a 7 colour pigment and discharge print. The look I was going for was very Etro.




The 2nd is Teal and is a 3 colour discharge print. It has more of a Matthew Williamson look about it. Notice the change in colour (before and after being fixed in the steamer).




Phillippa x

No comments:

Post a Comment