Sunday 26 February 2012

Preparing for PrintSource New York

'NEWS'- in April I will be attending the international trade show - PrintSource NY. I shall be exhibiting various collections of my design work, including: fashion, interiors and gift, but in addition I will be working on a trade stand. This work placement opportunity will provide me with valuable experience in terms of talking to clients, arranging meetings with studios and designers and selling work.

I have notably attended and exhibited at Indigo trade show in Paris on two occasions, but PrintSource will enable me to experience a trade show in a more professional way. I am looking forward to observing the American design market, as I have expressed a strong interest in interning and working in North America in future. I will also be able to liaise with studios when I hand out my CV's and press packs, in order to gain valuable industry contacts. I have never been to New York before, so this in itself is exciting and I plan of making the most of the trip by researching for future design projects by visiting museums and galleries as well as viewing the architecture and design shops.


I have also just purchased the book: 'The Stylists Guide To NYC' by Sibella Court. This is the 3rd Sibella Court book in my collection, having previously purchased: Etcetera and Nomad. All her books are divine and I can't wait to wander around New York finding the fabulous design shops that she recommends.


I will update you when I find out the details of my trade stand number.
Phillippa x

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your blog Phillipa. It is so streamlined, professional looking and extremely interesting. You are such an inspiration. I am going to blog more becaue of you.

    ReplyDelete