Saturday 11 April 2020

Styling Edit - Needle & Thread

I'm back again with a new season styling edit, one of my favourite types of content to put together for my blog. I thought that for this edit, I would focus on styling select pieces from my favourite contemporary British brand - Needle & Thread. Founded in 2013, Needle & Thread is synonymous with feminine daywear and evening dresses. With a focus on delicate hand embellishment and romantic prints, in ultra feminine colour palettes, Needle & Thread is the brand we all need to brighten up our wardrobe.

I have selected four of my favourite pieces, currently available online, and my aim is to show you how you can style these pieces in various different ways - perfect for a variety of occasions.
1
FLORAL DIAMOND RUFFLE DRESS
This dress is my idea of the 'perfect' dress. A super wearable piece that can be easily be styled for day and evening and requires little or no accessories. For this look, I styled in my preferred way - with a pair of western boots from Chloe and a leather jacket from LOT LTHR. I would wear this outfit to the office, on holiday and to a festival - versatility is a must in my wardrobe.
2 
FLORAL DIAMOND CHIFFON GOWN
I'm picturing holiday's in the south of France, venturing out down quaint cobbled streets in search of the perfect restaurant for dinner. *Let's just pause for a sweet moment to imagine that picturesque scene*. For this outfit, I wanted to create an effortlessly easy to wear holiday look. The loose silhouette makes the 'Floral Diamond Chiffon Gown' ideal for a hotter climate, but the gown can be also be belted at the waist if you so desire. Styled with classic summer accessories: a sun hat, straw bag from Jacquemus and oversized 70s-inspired sunnies from Chloe.
3
KALPTARU BODICE
For this look, I wanted to show how you can style down a more 'evening-wear' piece and make it appropriate for day. For those of you confident enough to rock a crop top this embellished bodice, part of the Needle & Thread X Jasmine Hemsley collection, features delicate embroidery in vivid shades of aqua and cobalt. The colouring lends itself perfectly to being styled with jeans - the ultimate dress down wardrobe staple. The cornflower blue blazer, from Pinko, is the perfect coverup offering a sense of formality to the look. Shoes come courtesy of Korean brand Yuul Yie - the architectural-esqe heel was simply too dreamy to resist!
4
ROSE BUD STRIPE MINI DRESS
Ok so for something unashamedly feminine and flattering, look no further than the 'Rose Bud Stripe Mini Dress'. The gorgeous champagne tulle and rose gold sequins make this dress the most beautiful occasion wear piece. Keeping the look ultra-feminine I have kept accessories tonal. Blush colours, in sumptuous satin, look divine sitting alongside the dress.

Needle & Thread - https://www.needleandthread.com/

Phillippa x

Twitter - @phillippa22
Pinterest - phillippadesign

No comments:

Post a Comment