Monday 2 December 2019

Outfit of The Month - December

This one i'm appropriately calling 'That 70s Show'. In my mind, 70's fashion has never really gone out of style, I mean not a day goes by when I don't have at least a subtle nod to the seventies somewhere in my outfit. Many key style callouts of 70's fashion, really suit my body shape: high-waisted trousers and turtlenecks...to name a couple. Cue this outfit. 
I've long been lusting after the infamous Bella Freud '1970' turtleneck, so it had to be the starting point from which I built the rest of the outfit around. After years of being a loyal skinny jean kinda girl, i'm currently embracing the classic 70s kick flare. Get the fit right, and team with the perfect cone heeled boot, and you've created the illusion of an elongated silhouette (and who wouldn't want that?). This pair are from Re/Done and come in the most gorgeous mustard corduroy - and in terms of fabric, corduroy is about as seventies as it gets. But i'm not stopping there with the textured fabric, i've added an oversized shearling jacket into the mix. 'Teddy' fabrics are big news at the moment, so definitely worth the investment if you are looking to add some on-trend elements to your winter wardrobe. 
For the accessories, I had to opt for a pair of aviators. Oversized 70s sunglasses were a huge callout from the SS20 collections and aviators, in particular, were a staple accessory of pretty much every musician and Hollywood actor in the 1970's. This pair are from Chloe, the top bar detailing further elevates this style. Rustic / earthy colours are also key elements for nailing seventies style, so I kept this in mind when selecting my footwear and handbag - I'm all about faux croc and snakeskin!

Phillippa x

Pinterest - phillippadesign
Twitter - @phillippa22
Instagram - phillippa22

No comments:

Post a Comment