Monday 3 June 2019

Outfit of The Month - June 2019

Well and truly jumping on the 'millennial pink' band wagon this month, after I found this lust-worthy blazer in high street favourite Zara. This shade of pink is one of the key colour trends for 2019 and considering the sheer number of pink blazers I have seen this season, this Zara offering is one of the best I have found. The quality and fit is superb and I adore the double breasted structured tailoring, complete with black buttons. I've always been a fan of a classic black blazer, a wardrobe staple for me, but i'm more than happy to add a pop of colour into my wardrobe this season with this particular one. Ok, so how did I go about styling this blazer? You may remember that I documented the 'Surfin' USA' trend earlier this year, one which champions the use of tie-dye, so that was my next train of thought for this look. I was also heavily inspired by the vast number of tie-dye t-shirts I saw on my recent West Coast USA road trip. Pretty much every coastal spot in California was selling tie-dye merch with city slogans: San Francisco, Santa Cruz, Santa Monica - so I felt that would also be a nice homage to my holiday. Whilst tie-dye prints are typically in hippie brights, a number of designers are delivering more wearable soft pastel options - as seen here with this tee from Re/Done. As Re/Done also happens to be one of my current favourite brands, I also opted for an acid washed frayed denim mini skirt from them too. Completing the look, is a failsafe pair of mono coloured cowboy boots (because i'm obsessed with them!) and a structured handbag from London based label Rixo. Known for their prints, Rixo recently launched accessories, including handbags. This style is the 'Jemima' and I adore the twist they have put on a classic tote buy incorporating a polka dot print and gold shell clasp.
Phillippa x

Pinterest - phillippadesign
Instagram - phillippa22
Twitter - @Phillippa22

No comments:

Post a Comment