Monday 4 February 2019

Outfit of The Month - February

With my California trip fast approaching, I've been planning what i'm going to wear whilst i'm there. One of the recurring themes, which I keep coming back to are start print motifs. Whilst i'm going to make do with one which I already own, for this 'outfit of the month' I wanted to style a look around this particular print. I spotted this Bella Freud silk shirt on Net-a-Porter and what I think sets it aside from other similar shirts is the varying size of the stars themselves. Having a seemingly random layout of stars adds an element of interest, to an otherwise classic everyday shirt. Star prints, for me, always evoke slight rock'n'roll feels especially if they are on a dark ground. So with that in mind I ran with that theme for this outfit. The skirt I have gone for, is a slim fitting mini from Saint Laurent. Yes the price tag might be eye watering, but this is just a fantasy outfit so bear with me. What sold me on the skirt, was the lace detailing on the side. When I look to buy wardrobe staples, I always want them to have a slight twist to them or an extra element of interest and this skirt has that. For outerwear, I usually either opt for a classic blazer or a leather jacket but this month I thought I'd switch that up. I've gone for a velvet jacket with contrasting piping. It's slim fitting, which I like, but is versatile enough to take you from day to night. I decided that I wanted to introduce a print clash into this outfit and looked no further than my favourite brand Rockins for the perfect scarf. I selected this particular skinny scarf, because the colours match the shirt perfectly. This is a safer way to wear clashing prints, because you don't have to worry about adding extra colours into your look. A pair of studded boots complete the look, they are from Givenchy.
Phillippa x

Pinterest - phillippadesign
Twitter - @phillippa22
Instagram - phillippa22

No comments:

Post a Comment