Monday 14 January 2019

Outfit of The Month - January

'New Year, New Me' - who am I kidding? Old habits die hard, and i'm not ready to give up the skirts, polo necks and killer ankle boots just yet. Cue this amazing pair of boots from Office. Ok so I know what you're thinking, they look the spitting image of the Chloe 'Rylee' boots - yes they do. I love a good high-street/designer dupe and as soon as I laid my eyes on this pair they were in my shopping basket faster than I could get my card out of my purse. Like the Chloe boots, of which they pay homage to, they come in various colours but sensible footwear has never been my style so naturally I opted for the snakeskin version. Basing the whole look on the boots, as a starting point, I thought they would look great teamed with this asymmetric midi skirt from Self-Portrait. Ruffles are on trend this season, and the camel shade is always seasonally appropriate. A classic, black, polo neck from Chloe further adds to the sophisticated feel of the total look. On closer inspection, the polo neck has a horse motif intarsia pattern on it, adding a slight equestrian twist to the outfit. Talking of equestrian, I thought this cross-body bag from The Row complemented that theme. It's an updated, and luxurious, take on the 'bum bag' trend that has been talking the fashion world by storm this past year. Whilst this version won't allow you to fit 'everything but the kitchen sink' in it, it is still a sartorial winner. Finishing the look is a classic tailored coat from Burberry, under the supervision of Ricardo Tisci, and a pair of gold hoops from Missoma.

Phillippa x

Pinterest - phillippadesign
Twitter - @Phillippa22
Instagram - phillippa22

No comments:

Post a Comment