Monday 2 July 2018

Outfit of The Month - July

It's that time of the month again...OOTM time that is! So if you are familiar with my OOTM posts, then you'll know for sure by now that mini skirts are my thing... I'm literally obsessed with them. This camo skirt from Nila Lotan really caught my eye. It gave me serious 00's vibes (Destiny's Child 'Survivor' music video much!). Whilst I love a good throwback, for me I like to keep styling modern. I've teamed the skirt with the coveted 'marching' tee from Re/Done. I've seen so many celebs wearing this t-shirt, including Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Roberts - and I'm all about a good slogan tee. As this one has a block colour print, it's still a super wearable style and a cool update on a basic white t-shirt. As you might be able to tell with the styling of this outfit, i've gone for quite an edgy look. The super casual skirt/tee combo is made more 'put together' with the inclusion of a blush pink tailored blazer from Elizabeth and James. I'm a huge advocate of a tailored blazer, but I usually opt for black. This ice-cream pink number adds a hint of femininity to the overall look and works perfectly for the summer months. For footwear I had to go for a 90's style trainer. These are literally everywhere atm (I even wrote a blog post on the so called 'ugly trainer' trend). Whilst trainers were once considered 'sporty or casual' this new wave of sneakers are a very desired high fashion look. It's not a style that I would usually go for, but i'm loving this high top pair from Chloe. The red and green splashes of colour perfectly pick up on the colours in the skirt/tee. The cute bucket bags comes courtesy of Nico Giani and can we please just talk about those shades? Yellow zebra print, slim cat-eye sunglasses - yes please! I adore the contrast of the zebra print with the camo. Whilst on paper you may not think these two prints would work together, the reality is the clashing print combo totally works and i'm living for this look right now. What do you think of this outfit?
Phillippa x

Twitter - @Phillippa22 
Instagram - phillippa22
Pinterest - phillippadesign

No comments:

Post a Comment