Saturday 21 October 2017

On Trend Now - Sock Boots

Ok, so when I first saw sock boots on the runway I can't say that I was overly keen. If you've been following my blog for a while then you will know that ankle boots are my thing... I mean I may have mentioned it once or twice before, but this whole 'sock boot' thing just wasn't doing it for me. Seen on the runway at Vetements and Balenciaga, as well as others, these extremely pointed toe boots seemed a little too dramatic for my liking. But fast forward a few months and its fair to say i'm a convert... so what changed? I'm a mini skirt kinda gal, opting to style such mini's with a cool pair of flat ankle boot to tone down my look if you know what I mean. Something about these sock boots such screamed Pretty Woman vibes to me, and i can't say that has ever been a look i've wished to emulate! However, the more and more I kept seeing these boots (seriously there were EVERYWHERE) I began to warm to them. Seeing the likes of Kendall Jenner and Roberta Benteler teaming them them with jeans and a basic tee showed me that less really can be more - just let the statement boots do the talking! Surprisingly, a kitten heel pair can actually offer comfort - who would have thought? Whilst black may be the safest and most wearable colour, if you want serious sass then you have to opt for neon pink or lime green - it's what Demna Gvasalia would want! I'm currently digging teaming a pair with a Prince of Wales check skirt and black polo neck. So if you are looking to shop this major 2017 footwear trend then it is your lucky day as I have rounded up the best styles from both the highstreet and luxury markets...
Phillippa x

Twitter - @Phillippa22
Instagram - phillippa22
Pinterest - phillippadesign

No comments:

Post a Comment