Monday 16 February 2015

Current Music Playlist Favourites

I haven't posted a music playlist for some time, so I thought there is no time like the present to show you what I have been listening to on my iPod lately.
Taylor Swift - 1989
I have long been a fan of Taylor Swifts music and when she released her new album '1989' back in October, I admittedly became one of those people who heads straight to the shop on the release day to get a copy. This is my favourite record Taylor has released to date, and it has been playing on repeat ever since I bought it. Having spent 10 consecutive weeks at No.1 on the US Billboard chart, the tracks are catchy and heartfelt pop songs and you'll be singing them all day! I love that Taylor remains true to herself and does not compromise her integrity in order to conform to the industry. Favourite tracks from the record include: Style, Out Of The Woods, I Know Places, Wildest Dreams and You Are In Love. Here is the new video for the latest single 'Style', directed by Kyle Newman.
Sia - Elastic Heart
Starring Maddie Zeigler and Shia LaBeouf, I find the video for this track so captivating. Taken from the album '1000 Form of Fear' this song is the follow up to the smash hit 'Chandelier'. Until I heard this song I hadn't really listened to Sia before, but now her music is a firm favourite.
Rae Morris - Ungarded
I have been a fan of Rae Morris since 2011. I know I have featured Rae's music in my playlists on my blog before, however last month Rae released her debut album 'Ungarded'. 
Rae's music has previously been played during a Burberry runway show at LFW and she has recorded Burberry Acoustic sessions, so if you find her voice familiar this could be where you have heard her before. With fans including Haim and Bombay Bicycle Club (with whom she has worked with in the past), her status is set to rise this year. Rae has also been included on the BBC Sound of 2015 list. Here is the video for her new single 'Under The Shadows'.
Kotomi - The Last Time
I have BBC6 Music to thank for introducing me to this. You can download this from SoundCloud.


Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Ballad Of The Mighty

Phillippa x

No comments:

Post a Comment