Monday 1 June 2020

Outfit of The Month - June

If I could wear just one brand, it would be Chloe - cue this top which was the starting point for this 'outfit of the month'. I'm all for a quality slogan tee, and whilst I wouldn't usually opt for heavy logo branding i'll happily make the exception for Chloe. Overall I wanted the feel of this look to be somewhat utilitarian - a classic a-line skirt from Junya Watanabe does the job perfectly. The seatbelt style belt and pockets, add to the military feel. For me, khaki colours are the next best wardrobe staple colours, after black and white. Such colours can seamlessly be incorporated into many an outfit, their neutral tones sitting well next to many other pops of colour. I've thrown in an oversized tie-dye denim jacket for good measure. Tie-dye need not be all rainbow colours, I love the muted dark tones on this one from Palm Angels.

For footwear, so called 'combat boots' are having quite the moment in the spotlight right now. Bottega Veneta have brought the world the coveted lug sole boot (check out Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's outfit posts on Instagram for reference). The aforementioned Bottega boot is black leather, but for this look I wanted something more in keeping with the khaki colour palette. I have opted for a pair of similar lug sole boots from Parisian vegan accessory brand - Rombaut.

For accessories, I knew I wanted to further toughen up this outfit with some statement accessories. First stop was a signature chain bracelet from Alyx. If Alyx is not on your fashion radar yet, then it really ought to be. Founded in 2015 by Matthew Williams (Lady Gaga's former creative director and Kanye West collaborator), Alyx is fast becoming one of the most coveted brands, known for luxury pieces but with a streetwear affinity. Most notably, Williams recently worked for Kim Jones (Dior men) to redesign the brands' hardware. If you are on the lookout for future classic jewellery, it's worth investing now in their signature chain jewellery.

Completing the look, is a pair of top bar metal sunglasses from Givenchy, with smoke lens and acetate tips. In addition to this, I've added a practical cross-body bag, in neutral colours, from Stella McCartney.
What is your favourite piece in this outfit?

Phillippa x

Twitter - @phillippa22
Pinterest - phillippadesign

No comments:

Post a Comment